Oh. Sweet. Mama. I long for these babies. Luckily for my waistline, I only eat these once (maybe twice) a year, although I crave them much more often. They are by far my favorite New Year's Eve indulgence and I so look forward to inhaling them. I'm not typically a fan of the mini sausages, but My Giant has converted me to these. He's usually the one that whips these babies up, especially since I am in charge of the Onion Rings for New Year's party.
Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Lil’ Smokies
1 package bacon – not too thick
1 package Lil’ Smokies
½ - 1 cup brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the bacon strips into thirds (do this step before separating the bacon)
- Wrap the bacon strips around the lil’ smokies and secure with a toothpick.
- Place smokies on an aluminium foil lined cookie sheet.
- Once all the smokies are wrapped and placed on the cookie sheet, sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Serve while nice and hot.
Note: You will want to remove the lil’ smokies and aluminium foil right after pulling out of the oven. Otherwise you will have hardened sugar to try and scrub off your cookie sheet!