These muffins. Life altering. No. Joke. If you want your life to truly be fulfilled you will make them immediately! I have made these babies a few times, thinking I would take pictures of them, but alas, there have been none left to take pictures of! Yes, they make 18. And yes, My Giant and I ate almost all of them (Little Giant helped too). No judging.
If you have not tried the sweet glory that is Cinnamon Chips, I beg you to try them. They are a pantry staple at our house. I use them in my Giant Fluffy Cinnamon Rolls, and have used them in a hot chocolate bar as well. They add just the right amount of sweet goodness. I used mini cinnamon chips in these muffins, but they can be hard to find for some. I typically buy mine at my local Bosch Center, but they can be purchased online at Amazon or King Arthur. Lately, I have spotted regular cinnamon chips at the grocery store, which would work well also. I just tend to like everything in mini form. All food is better in mini form, right?
Applesauce Muffins with Cinnamon Chips
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup applesauce
2 ½ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup mini cinnamon chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla and applesauce.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt and slowly mix into wet mixture.
- Add cinnamon chips and stir just until incorporated.
- Spoon into muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for 15-18 minutes.