I'm not much of a breakfast / morning person. I desperately wish that I was, but sadly am not. Growing up my mom would make pancakes for us almost every morning. And being the little brat that I was, I never appreciated how much effort that took. I just wanted a bowl of cereal, if anything at all. Now that I am a wife and mom myself, I realize the sacrifice my mom made to wake up every morning and make us breakfast. My poor Giant has to feed himself in the morning, but I usually am coherent enough (barely) to get my Little Giant fed. That being said, I love recipes like this one that can be frozen / re-fridgerated and just zapped in the microwave for a delightful breakfast. This recipe can also be changed up a bit by adding some fresh fruit to the mix. I added blueberries to some and apple chunks to the other (LOVED the apple). My Little Giant inhaled these and I felt good about actually making him a breakfast. I also went the extra mile and roasted the bananas like I do with banana bread, but that step isn't necessary. So if you are not a morning person like myself, whip these babies up in the afternoon and throw them in the fridge for the next morning! A big shout out to my friend Kelli for sending me the recipe!
Banana Crumb Muffins
1 1/2 c. All-purpose flour
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
3 lg Ripe bananas; mashed
3/4 c. Sugar
1 Egg; lightly beaten
1/2 c. Butter; melted
1/3 c. Brown sugar; packed
1 T.All-purpose flour
1/8 T. Ground cinnamon
1 T. Butter
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients minus the sugar.
- Combine bananas, sugar, egg and butter; mix well.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups three fourths full.
- Combine the first three topping ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.