Here are the strawberries and cream served at Strawberry Days. (photo courtesy of Deseret News)
No judging. Yes, I was blonde. And this was taken like, 5 years ago. I think this was my third serving of strawberries and cream at the rodeo.
In honor of Strawberry Days this week and my beloved strawberries and cream, I will be posting several of my favorite strawberry recipes during the remainder of the week. First up, a simple version of the beloved strawberries and cream. This little dessert was super simple to whip up. I only have a mini food processor, so I sliced fresh strawberries, froze them and then processed them. It turned out perfect, and I think I might use that method from now on for my morning smoothies.
Strawberries and Cream
1 cup whipping cream
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 cups frozen strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
- In a mixer, whip together the whipping cream, 1 tbsp sugar, and the vanilla. Set aside.
- In a food processor blend together the frozen strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Once the strawberries have been blended, fold them gently into the whipping cream.
- Evenly distribute the dessert between 4-5 dessert cups
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.